MDYC's virtual experience
Dear MDYC Parent/Guardian:
In an effort to continuously serve Metro Detroit Youth Club members during the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are providing distance-based Club experiences through which Club staff will facilitate program activities through an online platform. Metro Detroit Youth Clubs will use an application provided by a third party that members, parents/guardians and/or staff will access via the Internet and use for purposes of communication and programming. This platform is called Zoom.
This letter seeks consent for your child to utilize Zoom for distance-based Club program purposes. Zoom provides an opportunity to deliver video and chat-based educational experiences to members via any device. Please be aware that Zoom collects information about its users and has its own privacy terms and conditions to which members must adhere. Please review Zoom’s privacy terms and conditions carefully before registering your member: http://zoom.us/terms and http://zoom.us/privacy.
In order to participate in distance-based Club experiences, you will need to provide the following:
- A computer, cell phone, or tablet with access to the Internet
- A quiet space at home in which members can participate in distance-based experiences under the supervision of an adult
- To register for Zoom, you will need to provide some customer data, including but not limited to: your email address and first and last name (for more information, see https://zoom.us/privacy)
We will use Zoom for the following anticipated program activities:
- Group chats
- Video conferencing
- Media sharing (for example, uploading images of artwork or other projects)
- MDYC information and promotional materials including print and video
We will also conduct programming by phone in those circumstances where Club members may not have access to Zoom.
Our commitment to keeping the young people we serve safe is always our number one priority. Metro Detroit Youth Clubs will actively monitor member activity on Zoom and will make every effort to protect member information by, among other things, maintaining control of, and access to, the data collected; prohibiting re-disclosure of member information; limiting the purposes for which the online platforms may use member information; ensuring there is no advertising and that no member information is shared for commercial purposes.
Further, all activities online must comply with Metro Detroit Youth Clubs safety policies, including the prohibition of one-to-one meetings.